SO thrilled to have Deborah Robinson on the blog as my newest Open Book! Her latest novel, Lily Rose is out now and a must read filled with memorable characters and a deep plot with many layers of family, love and the truth.
Is blood truly thicker than water? After a desperate search for her birth mother, fashionista Lily Rose is forced to confront her turbulent past.
Love has set the tone for most of Lily Rose’s young life in Cumberland Falls, high in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky. But her perfect world falls apart when her beloved adopted parents are tragically killed and she is sent to live at Red Rose Farm, in the Bluegrass. Lily starts high school and meets her first love, who introduces the idea of a much bigger world to Lily. This relationship spurs her to pursue the grit and glamour of the New York fashion world and a marriage that will nearly cause her demise.
Lily Rose follows Lily as she grows into a New York fashion icon and battles abuse, power struggles, and infertility. In the shadows, we learn about the young woman who gave Lily up and how they will collide. Lily Rose is about love and marriage, infidelity, infertility, and identity. It also calls into questions the old adages blood is thicker than water and nothing is more important than family. Will Lily Rose ever find what she has been searching for? And most importantly, will she be able to stay true to herself in the process?
1. 1. What three celebrities/authors/figures- living or dead, would you want to have a bookclub with?
Ernest Hemmingway, Jodi Picoult, and Pat Conroy
2. Current binge series?
Bloodline, Outlanders, and Outerbanks
3. Last favorite book?
The Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate
4. What 3 things to you pack in your bag for your dream vacation? Where is it?
My professional, long lens camera, big cotton, camo hat, and sunscreen. The Amazon
5. Sunday NYT or US Weekly?
Sunday New York Times
6. Last movie you saw?
7. Book you read that you wished you wrote?
The Kite Runner
8. Do you have a teacher who encouraged you to become a writer?
9. Do you listen to music while you write? If so, who?
10. Describe your writing space?
I think it is lovely in Palm Beach. My office looks out over lots of lush palm trees and has a very jungle like atmosphere. When I write at my summer house it is in a small reading room with an old fireplace all built in the early 1900’s and surrounded by my glorious maples and oak trees.
11. Tell me your coffee/tea order?
Iced decaf grande nonfat no whip 5 pump mocha with extra ice and a dome lid from Starbucks.
12. Do you have a favorite book that you gift?
Not really, it depends on the person that I am giving it to, as every person is very different and special.
13. Book that you wished they would make a movie out of?
Mine, Lily Rose.
14. If you could have one song as the theme song of your life what would it be and why?
Live Like You Were Dying lyrics by Tim Mcgraw. It isn’t because I am a country fan, it is the words that draw me deep into the song. I want to live each day as if it were my last, so (as the song says) I would love deeper, speak sweeter, give forgiveness where I’ve been denying. I want to live each day the best I can.
15. Must have beauty product?
My favorite perfume. White Flowers by Creed
16. Royals- yes or no? If so, who is your favorite?
Yes, Queen Elizabeth.
17. Favorite Instagram account?
18. If you could name just one lipstick after a book, what would you call it and what shade would it be?
Who Killed Ruby Rush? Red
19. Current #TBR pile?
A Memory of Violets. 28 Summers, City of Girls, and The Paper Wasp