1. I know that Skin Nation was born due to your sister being diagnosed with Stage-3 Breast cancer. Give me a little background into why you chose skin care as your mission?
Well, when my sister was diagnosed i started studying up on everything toxic. I had figured when she got well i would help her change her eating habits. Eat healthier. So i had to do it first. that lead me to find out how many horrible toxins were in our Skin Care. I also knew that women were not aware of this. I wanted to create something to help women from the inside out. I wanted to help men too! Let’s not forget about the men!
2. What is the biggest shock about the beauty industry you discovered in your research for Skin Nation?
So much! It seems to be a not very, how should i say this, above board industry. There are some shady companies. But i know if there was a new thing that say…dog poop was making women look younger women would be putting it on their skin. Honestly, women will do anything to look younger. I really REALLY wanted to give women a healthy way
3. Did you have any mentors during the building of Skin Nation? If so, what was their best advice?
I did not. On the contrary. Nobody helped me. People even tried to stop me.
4. What kind of research do while planning out your line? How do you decide what products to have?
I listen to my customers. That is key. I call them on the phone personally.
5. Career moms would love to know- How do you balance motherhood, Skin Nation and General Hospital?
I don’t. I fail at this every day
6. Best beauty tip/secret you’ve received?
It’s super boring, but true. Water and no sun. No smoking as well.
7. What is your morning ritual (beauty, kids, work, etc)?
4 8oz glasses of water upon rising then jasmine pearl green tea
8. Name 3 of your beauty inspirations?
My mom my mom my mom.
9. Are you a reader and if so last great book you read?
I wish i were! I honestly have no time. I wish i were.
10. What beauty advice would you give to your daughter in 10 years?
She will be 18 in 10 years. believe me, she will give me the advice.
11. If you could name a lipstick after one of your soap characters who would you choose and why?
Oh wow, give me a minute on this one
12. Top 3 favorite make-up products?
Urban Decay Ultra flair lashes. Urban Decay Naked palettes, MAC Spice lip pencil
13. Any beauty tips/advice for a mom on-the-go?
I have a “5 minute make up” that i do on my “Skin Nation Sundays” it’s on my facebook “therealstafford”
14. I am sure you love them all but what are your top 3 favorite skin nation products?
The “Miracle Potion”, “Refresh Face Wash”, Tie between the “Ultra Glow” and the “Super Sexy Firming Cream”
15. Lastly, fill me in on how your sister is doing 🙂
She is amazing!!! Over 5 years Cancer Free!! Miracles happen!!
*Thanks to Michelle for taking time to chat with me!