Happy July 4th! It is a summer celebration here today as we celebrate the release of Emily Liebert’s latest, Pretty Revenge! Cue the fireworks as this is a hands-down must-read for summer- if you have yet to read of Emily’s back catalog, do yourself a favor and spend the summer getting to know this beauty of a writer! I was lucky enough to meet her a few years back and she is perfection. If you love a good thriller with sharp twists and turns then this book was made for you! I am thrilled to be able to support Emily today, Pretty Revenge’s birthday, and after you read her Open Book you will see she is the type of gal you would love to add to your squad ❤
via Amazon ~
The name of the game is revenge—no matter the cost—in this emotionally charged thriller reminiscent of The Wife Between Us and The Perfect Nanny.
Kerrie O’Malley, jobless and in an unfulfilling relationship, can isolate the singular moment in her life when things veered off course—the night she was irrevocably wronged by someone she looked up to. Eighteen years later, when Kerrie sees the very woman who destroyed her life on television, a fire ignites inside her. The stakes are high. The risks are perilous. But she’ll stop at nothing to achieve the retribution she deserves.
Jordana Pierson is a gilded New Yorker who appears to have it all: wealth, glamour, a successful and handsome husband, and a thriving wedding concierge business. Her record is spotless. Her business is flourishing. No one knows the truth about her and the dark shadows of her past.
No one, that is, except Kerrie.
Exploring just how far someone will go for vengeance, Pretty Revenge is a riveting, compulsively readable novel bursting with twists and turns and plenty of suspense.
1. What three celebrities/authors/figures- living or dead, would you want to have a bookclub with? Judy Blume, because she inspired me to write my first book. Candace Bushnell, because…Sex and the City. And Danielle Steel, because her writing process fascinates me.
2. Current binge series? Catastrophe. Funniest show on TV.
3. Last favorite book? Dear Wife by Kimberly Belle. She nailed it. The twist is perfection!
4. What 3 things to you pack in your bag for your dream vacation? Where is it? Paris. Comfortable shoes, flowy dresses, and my appetite.
5. Sunday NYT or US Weekly? US Weekly, hands down.
6. Last person you sent a text message to? One of my closest friends, Emily Rosnick, who’s also the best makeup artist you will ever work with.
7. Book you read that you wished you wrote? Gone Girl
8. Do you have a teacher who encouraged you to become a writer? I’ve had some amazing teachers, but my desire and motivation to write was innate.
9. Do you listen to music while you write? If so, who? Never. I need silence.
10. Describe your writing space? I have two. The first is my home office, which I love. The color scheme is gray, purple, and white. I have purple roses, votive candles, a huge custom bulletin board with my initials on it, and a gumball machine with purple and white gumballs. Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to get work done at home, so I also have an office in the town of Westport, CT, where I live. It isn’t as beautiful but it removes me from the house, which is necessary.
11. Coffee or tea? Hot chocolate. I don’t drink coffee. I know…
12. Do you have a favorite book that you gift? Sarah Healy’s House of Wonder.
13. Book that you wished they would make a movie out of? Pretty Revenge!
14. If you could have one song as the theme song of your life what would it be and why? “Eye of the Tiger”— the lyrics resonate with me and motivate me.
16. Bravo reality TV- yes or no? HELL YES!
17. Favorite Instagram account? Jenn Falik. She does “Better Basics” segments for the Today Show, and I want to buy everything she suggests.
18. If you could name just one lipstick after a book, what would you call it and what shade would it be? Pretty Revenge. Red, just like the KBShimmer nail polish designer for the book.
19. Current #TBR pile? Three Days Missing by Kimberly Belle & The Favorite Daughter by Kaira Rouda, among a million others.
20. Best advice you’ve ever received? Ask for what you want. If you don’t ask, you’ll never receive.